Influencer Marketing Supporting Statistics
- When it comes to millennials, only 1% of them trust advertisements. However, 33% of them trust blog reviews for their purchases.
- around 40% of people reported that they purchased a product online after seeing it used by an influencer on YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter.
- 71% of influencers believe that it’s an honest and authentic voice that keeps their audience engaged.
- according to a study by Tomoson, influencer marketing yields a $6.50 return on investment for every dollar spent.
How to proceed in Influencer Marketing
Define Your Target Audience
- For any influencer campaign to be successful you first need to know who you are trying to influence. It helps to be specific. The tighter you can define your target audience, the easier it is to find influencers who are relevant.
- Before starting looking for influencers, we have to spend some time outlining specific details about who we want to connect with our campaign.
- We have to create a buyer persona that includes both demographic and psychographic segmentation.
Define Your Goals
- Brand Awareness: Getting more people to know, recognize, and like your brand.
- Building Brand Identity: Getting people to see your brand personality and values.
- Audience Building: Getting more people to follow and subscribe.
- Engagement: Getting more shares, comments, and likes for your content.
- Lead Generation: Getting more people to sign up for your lead magnets and offers.
- Sales: Getting more people to purchase your products/services.
- Customer Loyalty: Getting people to stay interested and connected with your brand.
- Link Building: Getting more links directed back to your site.
Choose a Type of Influencer Marketing Campaign
- Gifting: Giving free products and services to an influencer in exchange for a review or mention.
- Guest Posting: Creating and contributing content for an influencer’s blog.
- Sponsored Content: Paying for your brand to be featured on an influencer’s blog or social channel. You may or may not create the content for the post.
- Co-Creating Content: Partnering with an influencer to create content that is featured on your website, their website, or a third-party website.
- Social Media Mentions: Getting a social media personality or brand to mention your brand, share your content, or post about you.
- Contests and Giveaways: Running a contest and asking an influencer to share your giveaway event with their followers or readers.
- Influencer Takeover: Allowing an influencer to take control of your social media accounts for a set amount of time.
- Affiliates: Providing a unique code that gives influencers a percentage of each sale they drive.
- Discount Codes: Giving an influencer a unique discount code for your product or service that they can promote and offer to their audience.
- Brand Ambassadors: Forming relationships with loyal brand fans wherein they mention or promote your brand, products, and services in exchange for exclusive offers, free products, or being featured by your brand.
Find the Right Influencers
- Social Media Stars
- Industry Experts
- Thought Leaders
- Noncompeting Brands
- Find Influencers that Share Your Audience
- Find Influencers using Backlinks
- Find Influencers by Topics
Qualify Your Influencers
- Qualify the audience
- Qualify reach and authority
- Qualify the content and messaging
- Create Content according to Influencers & Target Audience
Track Your Outreach
- Who on your team reached out
- When they reached out
- Who they contacted
- Notes about the communication
- Plans for follow-up communication
- Status of the outreach
Track and Analyze Your Results
- Brand Awareness Metrics: website traffic, page views, social mentions, time on site, site users
- Building Brand Identity Metrics: social mentions, PR coverage (number of articles or links)
- Audience Building Metrics: opt-ins, follows
- Engagement Metrics: shares, comments, and likes
- Lead Generation Metrics: opt-ins
- Sales Metrics: new sales, revenue changes, price per ticket
- Customer Loyalty Metrics: customer retention rates, renewal rates
- Link Building Metrics: number of links, quality of links
Team Sarvotarzan can help you in strategizing the Influencer Marketing Strategy for your organization if you are finding it difficult.